There's a lot of excitement in the Environmental Industry about Geoprobe® Prepacked Well Screens designed for setting Small Diameter Monitoring Wells. Prepacked screens consist of a standard, slotted PVC well screen pipe surrounded by a stainless steel mesh. Sand is packed between the slotted PVC and the stainless steel mesh. Since the sand is packed around the slotted PVC before the well screen is installed, using prepacks guarantees that sand will be located directly around the well screen. This makes well installation quicker and more efficient than traditional methods.
The 2 in. slim prepack uses a standard, 2 in. Schedule 40 slotted screen with a sand pack and 2.8 in. diameter stainless steel mesh screen on the outside. The 2.8 in. outside diameter can be used with 3.75 in. probe rods for an efficient combination of tooling for easy prepack installation.
Geoprobe® Small Diameter Monitoring Well Benefits include:
- Quick and simple installation.
- Prepacked Screen designed with 20/40 grade environmental sand.
- No cuttings generated during installation.
- Meets all requirements of a RCRA well with exception of the smaller diameter.
- Permanent monitoring well installation with a Geoprobe® Machine.
- Well seal and grouting meet EPA and ASTM D-5092 method requirements.
- Minimal disturbance of natural formation conditions.
- Can be developed, purged, and sampled using inexpensive tubing check valve system.
- Minimal development and purge water generated for sampling reducing time requirements and disposal costs.
- Uses standard above-ground or flush-mount well protectors.
- Small diameter bladder pumps available for 1.0-inch wells