Geoprobe® owners have been using permanent implants for a number of years; for soil gas sampling, air sparging, and groundwater sampling. Geoprobe® implants are stainless steel screens that can be inserted down the bore of a probe rod and anchored at depth.
Geoprobe® implants are unique in their ability to be "Post Run"... they are not carried in the rod during probe driving, but rather inserted down the bore when the appropriate depth has been reached. Once the implant is slid down the bore, it is simply rotated to attach it to the anchor point used during driving. As probe rods are removed from the hole, the implant and associated tubing remain firmly anchored at the bottom.
Geoprobe® implants are constructed of double woven stainless steel wire screen. All end fittings are stainless steel as well. Implants are available in 6-in. (152 mm) lengths with the AT86 series, 21-in. (533 mm) lengths with the AT87 series, or 12-in. (356 mm) lengths with the latest AT96 series. The user can also connect multiple 21-in. (533 mm) lengths together using the AT89 series implants. Geoprobe® implants have a pore diameter of 0,0057 inch (0.145 mm).
The bottom end of Geoprobe® implants use our standard "PRT" style thread, the same fitting style used with our popular PRT vapor sampling tools. The AT89 implant uses a PRT socket thread at its top end, allowing multiple lengths to be coupled together.
Geoprobe® Permanent Implants Advantages...
- Placed through bore after rods have been driven to depth.
- Variety of implant lengths to suit the application.
- Designed to fit a wide array of tubing materials and sizes.
- Can be set at any depth attainable by soil probe (100+ ft. [30 m]).
- Convenient and inexpensive devices for both long-term soil gas monitoring, air sparging, and groundwater sampling.
- Screens made entirely of stainless steel.
- 0.0057-in. (0,15 mm) pore screen size.
- For use with 5/8-in. and 1/2-in. ID rods.
Geoprobe's stainless steel implants for the 1.25-in. probe rod system. PRT fitting at the base attaches to Implant Anchor. Top end fits poly tubing with 0.5-in. OD x 0.375 ID.
The taper screw on the AT96 series implant forms an incredibly strong connection. As shown here, TB25L tubing fails in tension before it will pull away from the connection.